Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nori and I make friends...

"Back that ass up" was the song playing in the restaurant while we were having breakfast this morning. Nori and Rachel had the restaurant put on one of their Hindi pop CDs. Something we all agreed was a bit more appropriate.

Yesterday we hiked up to a temple. Quite a remarkable view up there. Nori and I made friends with cows. I don't have a photo of me with the cow I was petting but I got a great photo of a cow stretching its neck and arching its head up so that Nora could stroke under its neck. Quite endearing but due to copywrite issues with a certain member of the party (hint: not the cow) the photo was not cleared for publishing on the blog. My sincerest apologies to my viewers about this but sometimes you just have to imagine.... Sometimes it's just better to be in the moment and not take the camera from its case though it threatens to burn a hole in my pocket. It's precious to me... but I know that sometimes I just have to let go.... It's hard, but this is all part of a process of growth and maturity. Wait... wait... there's been a change of heart. Nori has reluctantly agreed to have the photo published!
Pixagogo direct photo link

The view from a little restaurant I ate at while I had some lone time.
Pixagogo direct photo link

A flower in front of Nori's room.
Pixagogo direct photo link

Me outside our chalet.
Pixagogo direct photo link

Me again at a restaurant in town.
Pixagogo direct photo link

Some biker dudes on the way to the hike we did yesterday.
Pixagogo direct photo link

A man squatting by the side of the river that runs through Manali.
Pixagogo direct photo link

Nori and Rachel pausing a moment on the steep stairs.
Pixagogo direct photo link

Burros going down....
Pixagogo direct photo link

Rachel caught in the rain!
Pixagogo direct photo link




A Greek woman from Athens and her Italian partner we talked with awhile while we waited for the thunder and rain to subside.
Pixagogo direct photo link

On top of the mountain Pixagogo direct photo linknear the Temple.


The view from the bathroom window in our Chalet.
Pixagogo direct photo link

Rachel getting psyched to zip across the river.
Pixagogo direct photo link

Rachel bouncing on the zip line.

Pixagogo direct photo link

Me about to rapel across the river.
Pixagogo direct photo link

Me bouncing on the zip line. Woo hoo!
Pixagogo direct photo link

Bungee Jumping over a river in NZ: $110.00.
Crossing a river on a zip line in India: $1.25

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jason hath i loved.
rumprolling, dude. very good stuff.
that "on top of the mountain" picture is pretty funny. looks like your arm is about 7 seven feet long.

still love that haircut, and looking dapper, my friend.

swobu, take care,

glucktar

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this blog. thank you so much, jake. Happy new Year y'all and i think you should go on to Ladakh, of course the easiest, safest way possible.

The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

Something tells me this was Allison writing? maybe both collectively.. but either way, thanks guys for checking in. India is amazing, and I totally agree, there really is something right about it, about the way of life here. It's so refreshing and so pleasant. So enjoyable. So alive. Anyway, I'll have more shortly! I'm lucky to have found a very fast computer so don't get too used to the frequent updates as when I go up to Ladakh which I will be leaving to soon, there will be a lull for awhile in the updates. :)

Anonymous said...

Jason, I am amazed. It it incredible to watch a whole world open up that I do not know and to absorb it. I can't wait to travel to India. I'll have to visit the blog often to really take it all in. And you do look very dapper.
Love Illona