Wednesday, March 28, 2007

One Last Winter hoorrah--please don't leave so many comments.

Please don't leave so many comments on the blog. I am seriously getting bogged down trying to keep up with them all.

Nori shoots down Sidewinder at Catamount.


It's too warm for gloves


Nori and I get lost cross country skiing.


But the brook is pretty


Icy finger bones


Shifting gears.. My house looks pretty from Blue Rider Stables where Doug and I get to go horseback riding.


Horse eats snow. (I think it was actually trying to get a stray strand of straw.)


My house and Jug End framed nicely by the shadow of the barn. Does the hill behind my house really look like a jug end?


This horse is huge. It's a draft horse. You know, the ones in the Budweiser commercials?


Janine tries to get a reaction out of the cat but it is too lazy to move.


Janine then resorts to strangling the cat in an effort to get some sort of response.


Frustrated and fed up, Janine finally gives up. Feeling abused and dejected, the cat slinks off.


Janine, do you think you could be a little nicer to the cat? It was a gift from a very good friend.

6 comments:

Daniel Schmolze said...

Hooray for spring skiing. I'm amazed you guys still have any snow left, the ground is bare here.

You were in my dream last night. We ran down this long hill to a farmhouse, but accidentally stomped on a bunch of chickens that were in the way. Then you were involved in racing a Ferrari Enzo (this bit was from the news).

In other news, my blog is now password-protected. Everybody please email me if you want the login info (long story).

The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

Well, these pics are from like a week ago. Snow remains only in the woods at this point. The rivers are high, nearly spilling over their banks. Cool dream. :)

hellbent said...

looks nice my man. loved the catamount videos - funny i still remember so much of ridge run. we've got buds on the trees down here, and the leaves are unfurling. just got my motorcycle down too, so life should start getting real happy.

Anonymous said...

i know it may not seem like it, but we check your blog often. Where is the new stuff?? It's been way too long between posts. We missed you this weekend.
Trish and Steffen

Daniel Schmolze said...

Dude, get a new camera already. I cannot shoulder the entire blog burden on my own, you know.

The Intrepid Dr. Root said...

I am going tomorrow to return my cam to see if they'll fix it for me since it's under warranty (But a bit beat up and scratched) if not, I'll wait until I get some money to buy one which might be a while. :-/