Monday, November 20, 2006

Morning boat ride (lots of pics)

Marcus (the German from the retreat) Gino (my singing teacher from Manali) and I went for a morning boat ride to see Varanasi from a different perspective. Woke up at 5am to beat the dawn.

Pixagogo direct photo link

Pixagogo direct photo link

Pixagogo direct photo link
Gino at the helm. Perhaps you should just stick to music Gino.

Pixagogo direct photo link

Pixagogo direct photo link

Pixagogo direct photo link
what a dork

Pixagogo direct photo link
Marcus in charge.

Pixagogo direct photo link

Pixagogo direct photo link
sinking tower of Piza.

Pixagogo direct photo link

Pixagogo direct photo link

It is not the custom in Varanasi for women to go on the water in boats; men only; so that's why Nori was absent. Actually, that's not true, she wasn't feeling well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

chester, ye old saskamoosh.
how are ye matey? miss you man.
dude, change your profile pic; it distresses me every time i load the blog.

thanks for the all the pics. looks great. hope you're still livin' large.

say hi to my sister for me.

going to brazil soon. when do you return to the states?

choof

Daniel Schmolze said...

Yeah, gotta concur w.r.t. the profile pic. You look like a worm (somehow). Aaanyhoo....nice pics. Danke shon. I've half a mind to come join you guys during my winter break. Do I want a vacation, or do I want to go to India? Hmm.

Daniel Schmolze said...

Much better.

Anonymous said...

Jake, you look so handsome in the photo on the boat, not a dork at all. Love you. IRC